Optional: You can saute the vegetables in a skillet and then use a slow cooker or crockpot if you want!
How to make Cauliflower Lentil Soup
- 6 cups or more/less of Cauliflower ( mine was steamed but you can roast or raw)
- 1 large onion
- 1 to 2 cups of red lentils
- 1/3 or more cup of mushrooms
- 5 cloves or more of garlic
- 1 can of Lite Coconut Milk optional ( low fat almond milk or any other kind)
- 900ml Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbs or more lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes/hot sauce or other herbs you enjoy but I like it best as is!!
- For those who aren’t vegan or vegetarian, you can certainly use chicken broth as well!
- For those on WW 💙💜 you only count the Coconut Milk
- For those of you on WW 💚 You will count the Coconut Milk and Lentils!
you might like: Healthy Lentil Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Rinse your lentils for a few minutes in cold water to clean and get out the starch! Then set aside
- In a large pot add olive oil spray on a medium to high temperature
- Saute onions and mushrooms until golden brown
- *Tip * make ahead of time and keep in your freezer
- Saute garlic
- Add everything except the lemon juice to your pot
- Allow to cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cauliflower and lentil are soft and cooked well
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste
- Use your hand mixer to blend well! If you want it thinner add a bit of water/milk or cream!
- *If you use a blender only add soup halfway in order to avoid it from exploding !!!* Then repeat until all is blended!
- I like to cook all my soups at the lowest temperature for a few hours! The longer the more flavorful!!
EAT AND ENJOY!