This is a healthy, hearty, satisfying, easy, low fat, high fiber soup you can enjoy as a perfect side dish, appetizer, or snack option!!!
For those who are on WW Purple💜 its Zero Smart Points
For those of you on WW Blue and Green💙💚 Its 7 Smart Points for the entire recipe depending on the size of your potatoes and if you add milk!
I would say that for 1 cup it would also be Zero Smart Points too!!!
How to make Cauliflower Potato Soup
- 5 cups of Cauliflower pieces or more or less
- 2 cups of chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 large Vidalia Onion or any other kind
- 3 leeks
- One bulb of garlic
- 1 tsp or more Onion and garlic powder
- 1 tsp or more Oregano
- A few tbs or more of powder or use actual boxes of vegetable or chicken stalk or just water or Better Than Bullion ( or homemade stalk)
- Approximately 6 cups of water
- 1 cup or more Unsweetened almond milk or any other milk or lower-fat cream
- A sprinkle of hot sauce or chili peppers are optional
Tip…Cut the white part of the leek and wash each part very well then chop it up into small pieces! Set aside
you might like: Cauliflower & Lentil Soup Recipe By Risa
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Add cauliflower pieces and spray with Olive oil spray or not it’s up to you
- Add a bulb of garlic and cut the top part off then add a bit of olive oil and wrap up with tin foil! Add cut-up sweet potatoes too!
- Bake the cauliflower pieces, sweet potatoes, and garlic for approximately 50 minutes or until lightly browned (you can do this the day before too, and keep it in your fridge until you make the soup )
- And the Same with the roasted garlic!
- In a large pot/Instant pot, slow cooker or pressure cooker Add cooking spray
- Add chopped onions, chopped Leek, celery and carrots mix well
- Allow vegetables to sweat and get soft on a medium to low temperature
- Add roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes and mix well
- Add water, Vegetable broth, or bullion and mix
- Add milk and spices
- Allow to come to a boil and then keep on the lowest temperature
- Use an emersion blender to blend well!
- If you want to make it very creamy add more milk or cream!!!
- Eat right away or allow to cool completely and add to containers! keep in your fridge for up to 7 days!
*If you want to use a blender allow soup to cool and then only fill halfway and blend so it doesn’t explode!!
✅ Tip…The most important thing is to Taste Taste Taste and see what you need! You may want more garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, bullion, etc…
✅Tip…The slower and longer you cook it the better it tastes!! And it tastes even better the next day!