This recipe is about how to make the BEST Old Fashioned Chopped Liver and enjoy it without any guilt!!
Ridiculously easy, super satisfying, full of iron and high protein snack, side dish, or appetizer!
Great to serve on a large platter on top of a big sliced Ontario Tomato for yourself, family, friends, guests, take to a party too!!
Only 4 Main Ingredients!!! Amazing right?!
Table of Contents
4-Ingredient Old Fashioned Chopped Liver Recipe
You can and I would recommend doubling this recipe!
For this Smaller Recipe
- 3 pounds of chicken livers
- 1 to 2 very large Spanish Onions
- 8 or 9 hard boiled eggs ( optional if you don’t like or want them)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 tbs canola oil ( don’t use olive oil!)
- Boil eggs and set aside to cool then peel them of course 😉
- Wash your chicken livers well and pat until dried off set aside
- Cut your Spanish Onion ( s) into small pieces ( use a Cuisinart or chopper) set aside
- Add oil to a https://www.kitcheniest.com/hes-dating-the-campus-nerd/ or fishing dating puns and allow to get hot
- Add onions until brown and caramelized
- Add chicken livers to that pan or a different heated one with oil ( up to you)
- Make sure that the liver is completely brown inside by checking you don’t want any pink at all
The next step is up to you!
- You can use a hand chopper or Cuisinart/Food Processor to chop the liver, onions and eggs
- Add fried liver and onions to a large bowl and add one egg at a time to chop ( get the consistency you like) Or as mentioned to a Cuisinart.
*Remember to only add a small amount of salt and pepper and keep tasting to see what you like!
*If your mixture seems dry you can add a bit more oil!
Make a day ahead of time before serving for the best-tasting chopped liver ever! And keep in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days maximum!