3 Easy Ways to Season Red Copper Pan – Step by Step Guide
You have to cook for your family every day. If you want to enjoy cooking you should buy Red copper pan. Your food will not waste by sticking in pan because is no stick and very easy to wash. . If you have bought you have worried about how to use it. I’m here to overcome your trouble. In the following article i have given all type of instructions of using, seasoning, reasoning, utensil and when to throw it. Have a look at it and i hope after reading it you will happy and have full know how of using red copper pans.
Table of Contents
How to Season Red Copper Pans
If you buy a red copper pan you should have to season it before use. In following lines I am going to define three different ways to season red copper pans.
Seasoning with Vegetable Oil:
You have to follow the following instructions to season a red copper pan.
- Wash it with soap and water thoroughly because every newly bought pan should be washed to ensure that it is chemical free
- Use soft cloth to suds the soap.
- Rinse properly to soup off from the pan.
- Dry off the pan completely
- Put 1 table spoon of vegetable oil and spread it with fingers or paper towels over the entire surface of pan.
- Turn on the stove to medium heat and put greased pan on it.
- When it starts to some remove it and turn off the stove.
- Leave the pan to cool at room temperature. Don’t put it in refrigerator it will take almost 15 minutes.
- Most of oil will have dried after 15 minutes. Wipe off the extra oil with soft cloth or paper towel.
- Now seasoning is done it is ready to use.
Seasoning with coconut oil:
- Turn on the stove and put the pan on stove top at medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoon coconut oil and wait for 3 minutes to melt it.
- When it melts put off the stove and removes the pan from stove.
- Move the pan in circular motion and tilt it so that oil can reach then entire surface of pan.
- Put the pan back on the stove and heat it till it smokes.
- Now set the pan aside to cool in room temperature. Oil should be inside during cooling.
- Wipe off all excess oil with paper towel. Some oil would be absorbed in the pan to fill up the pores of pan.
- Now your pan is seasoned and ready to use.
- Always remember that never wash the pan after wipe of the oil.
Seasoning in oven:
You can season your red copper pan in oven by following the below given steps.
- Firstly you have to preheat your oven at 149 centigrade. Keep in mind that do not put pan in the oven while preheating. Preheating will take 10-15 minutes. It should be preheated all the way.
- Then wash the pan with warm water simply or you can also use soap water to wash it.
- Apply the soap water with soft cloth, avoid harshly scrubbing it will damage its surface. Since all the soap gently with water. Make sure there is not little soap in the pan.
- Dry the pan. And pour 1 tablespoon of oil in than pan. Spread the oil with fingers or paper towel so that it can reach on the whole surface. Make sure you use the oil with high smoking point.
- Place the pan in oven and cook it for 20 minutes. If you see smoking is coming off from the pan, remove it from the oven.
- Now let it cool at room temperature. Wipe all the excess oil when it cooled. Wipe the oil with paper towel.
- It would take 15 minutes. Now the pan is ready to use.
you might like: Copper Chef vs Red Copper – In depth Comparison
How to Clean a Red Copper Pan After Use
When you have done with cooing and now it is time to clean it.
- Firstly wipe off all the leftover with paper towel or soft cloth.
- Never pour cold water on hot pan directly. Rapid cooling can crack the surface or demolition of finish.
- Use warm soup water to wash it. And use soft cloth or paper towel to apply soap. It will help to prevent its surface from damaging.
- You have another option to wash it in dishwasher. It will make your work easier.
Re-seasoning of Red copper pan:
If your non-sticking pan is sticking you should season it again. You should re-season your red copper pan now and then. If you wash it with soap you should re-season it before using.
Seasoning of pan just before cooking:
- To protect the non-stick surface of the pan it is better to season the pan before cooing.
- After cleaning and drying the pan it is good idea to quickly season the pan before use.
- Pour vegetable oil or butter on paper towel and rub it on the surface of pan.
- Avoid directly poring of oil.
- Now you can use your pan to cook as usual.
Utensils to use:
- You should avoid using metal utensils in non-stick copper pan
- Any utensil of metal such as forks, spoon, spatulas and knives will damage non-stickiness of pan.
- You should use specially made utensil for non-stick pans
- Never use detergent to wash utensils.
- You can use wooden utensils in the pan.
Other important instructions for using copper pan:
- Never do any sort of cutting and chopping in the pan.
- If you want to lasts it for long times, it should rarely washed with soap.
- Avoid cooking in copper pan at high heat.
- Never preheat the empty pan.
Is Red copper pan safe for cooking?
Red copper pans are safe for cooking due to various reasons. Some of these are:
- Other cooking surfaces are made from tin, nickel or stainless steel, the meal which is going to cooked on these surfaces is not much safe for health.
- The surface of red copper pans is made from ceramic material which does not have any toxins. It does not release any toxic material into the air which would later harmful for heath of humans or environment.
- Its non-stick surface has ceramic finish enhances its durability.
So it is safe to use for cooking. Enjoy your cooking without any fear in mind. And keep others happy.
When to throw the pan:
- When it has scratches on surface the pan becomes stickier some coating flakes going into the food it would be harmful to use it again. This can release toxic materials and chemicals.
- Non-stick pan usually lasts for 5 years.