TIP… DON’T THROW OUT YOUR VEGGIES!!! MAKE A SOUP!!!
WW 💙💜 Zero Smart Points if you don’t use Coconut Milk otherwise it depends on the Nutritional information ( divide the cups you end up with) they all differ!
WW 💚 12 Smart Points if you don’t use Coconut Milk!
How to make Lentil Broccoli Soup at Home
- 2 cups or more of red lentils
- 6 cups or more of fresh Broccoli ( steamed, frozen, roasted)
- 1 large onion
- 1 can or more of fresh mushrooms
(I used 1 heaping cup or more of sautéed onions and mushrooms)
- lots add great flavor)
- 5 or more fresh garlic cloves
- 1 900ml broth ( any) chicken or vegetable or water
- 1 tin of light Coconut Milk ( optional) or any low-fat almond milk or milk light cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp or more oregano
- chili peppers or Frank’s hot sauce ( optional)
Read more: High Protein Broccoli Omelette Recipe for WW
You can make this in a slow cooker or pressure cooker too!!
- First….wash and rinse your lentils in cold water then set aside
- I had Sautéed mushroom and onions in my freezer!
- Tip …. It’s great to keep batches in your freezer for soups, casseroles, sauces, burgers, frittatas, omelets, etc.
- Chop onion and sauté on a medium to high temperature in olive oil spray until golden brown and add the mushrooms until brown too then set aside
- In your pot ( I used my Cast-iron) spray well with the choice of cooking spray and once hot add garlic
- watch carefully and brown each side
- Add mushrooms and onions to your pot
- Add all other ingredients
- Cover pot and allow to cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then use your hand blender to puree all your ingredients! (if using a blender or Ninja only add half the amount of soup at a time to avoid the top exploding* then repeat until all is blended! You can leave chunks too!)
- Tip……Taste Taste Taste!!!!!!
- Then add more salt, pepper, oregano, and chili peppers or Frank’s hot sauce!
- Allow cooking for an hour or longer at the lowest temperature!
- Tip…The longer and slower it cooks the better it tastes!!!
- Eat immediately or Keep in your fridge for up to 5 days or so!
you might like: Cauliflower & Lentil Soup