I like to cook all my soups at the lowest temperature for a few hours! The longer the more flavorful!!
Optional: You can saute the vegetables in a skillet and then use a slow cooker or crock/Insta pot if you want!
For those on WW you only count the Coconut Milk! Everything else is free!!
Table of Contents
Healthy Cauliflower Thai Soup Recipe By Risa
- 6 cups or more/less of Cauliflower I used 2 medium sizes ( mine was steamed but you can roast/ bake it or add raw)
- 1 large onion of any kind
- 10 cloves or more of garlic
- 1 can of Lite Coconut Milk optional (low-fat almond milk or any other kind)
- 900ml low sodium or no salt chicken) veggie Broth or use water or bouillon
- 1 tbs or more fresh ginger or a tsp of powdered ginger ( optional)
- 1bag of shredded carrots or approximately 1.5 cups or more ( it’s up to you)
- 1 or more tsp oregano
- Sprinkle with chili flakes ( optional)
- Add extra garlic and onion powder
- Add water/milk/cream/coconut milk to thin the soup out ( 1cup to start)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 green onions
- Hot sauce
- other herbs you enjoy but I like it best as is!!
Read more: Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- In a large pot add olive oil spray or real oil at a medium to high temperature
- Saute onions until golden brown
- *tip * make ahead of time and keep in your freezer
- Saute garlic until browned on both sides
- Add everything to your pot and mix
- Allow to cook for approximately 30 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and cooked well
- Use your hand mixer to blend well! If you want it thinner add a bit of water/milk or cream! You can keep it chunky or thin it out! Another option is adding more steamed or roasted cauliflower in it once cooked!
*If you use a blender only add soup halfway in order to avoid it from exploding !!! Then repeat until all is blended!
Tip …. Taste Taste Taste!!! Add any more spices! I find you usually need more salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and onion powder!!!
Keep in soup containers in your fridge for up to 7 days! Reheat in your microwave or in a pot!
EAT AND ENJOY! Please comment below 👇 and tag me when you make this soup!